Olgoonik Development Welder in Wasilla, Alaska
Welds metal components together to fabricate or repair products, such as machine parts, plant equipment according to layouts, blueprints or work orders, using brazing and a variety of arc and gas welding equipment.
- Stick-7018 Fillet weld all positions v-groove with backing bar all positions 6010 v-groove open butt all positions 6010 root and hot pass 8010 fill and cap on 6 inch downhill pipe all positions 2g, 5g, 6g uphill pipe 6010 root 7018 fill and cap.
- MIG-fillet weld all positions v-groove with backing bar all positions open butt v-groove all positions Dual Shield fillet all positions v-groove backing bar and open butt all positions.
- TIG-4 inch and 2 inch carbon and stainless pipe TIG all the way out all positions v-groove, open butt all positions, fillet weld all positions.
- Repairs broken or cracked parts, fills holes and increases size of metal parts.
- Positions and clamps together components of fabricated metal products preparatory to welding.
- Report to and receives assignments, instructions, and direction from the Foreman or General Foreman.
- Read and interpret instructions and documentation and plans work activities. Moves materials and equipment to work locations and sets up work site.
- Lays out, fits, and welds fabricated, cast, and forged components to assemble structural forms such as military equipment, machinery frames, tanks, pressure vessels, furnace shells, and building and bridge parts. Install structural parts, components, and assemblies in support of plant construction and maintenance activities.
- Complete records, maintains tools and equipment, and performs various clean-up and housekeeping activities.
- Observe and follow all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal safety equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma
- Minimum 3 years of welding experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- TIG, MIG, 2g, 5g, 6g uphill pipe 6010 root 7018 fill and cap
- Hand tools and machine tools associated and used in welding
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds. This is a position has a physical rating of heavy.
Must pass pre-employment physical and be willing to participate in annual medical surveillance.
Must be able to pass a physical exam due to the harsh living and working conditions.
Subsidiary: Olgoonik Oilfield Services, LLC
Location: AK - Wasilla
Requisition Number: 2012347
# of openings: 1
Employment Status: Regular Full Time