ASML Quality Manager Opto-Mechanics in Veldhoven, Netherlands
Are you eager to apply your management skills in a challenging high tech environment? Are you challenged by driving quality in a team of highly skilled technical people with a design focus? Do you have affinity with design processes in a technical environment? Then this job position could be your stepping stone to further develop yourself in an interesting ASML career.
As a quality manager you take responsibility for the definition, alignment and execution of the departments Quality strategy and roadmap.
- Defines and aligns the departments quality strategy as member of the Opto-Mechanics staff
- Execute and reports on process improvement projects as part of the quality strategy at department level and/or sector level.
- Leads/participates in project teams in analyzing process gaps, identifying improvements, support implementation and securing consolidation within the department.
- Provide input from Opto-Mechanics department into cluster and sector Quality roadmap.
- Report on quality status, keep department dashboard up-to-date, communicate quality message in groups and on department level. Improve transparency.
- Supporting, reviewing and coaching project teams and their engineers on the quality of technical solutions proposed and deliverables produced.
- Enable the staff to execute their accountability in quality control by maintaining and deploying department’s processes, providing regular reporting on process adherence to group leaders and project leaders.
- Facilitates the Feedback loop and Lessons Learned in the various departmental groups and competences.
- Manages departmental Technical Competences and chairs regular meetings with competence leaders. Represents department in D&E; Technical Competence Board.
Bachelor or Master degree in Applied Physics, Electrical / Mechanical / Mechatronic Engineering or (technical) Quality management.
- More than 10 years of relevant work experience;
- More than 3 years as Quality Manager in a technically-driven international organization(s) with hardware development and integration.
- Experience as project manager, program manager or line/quality manager.
- Experienced in quality methods and tools like e.g., 6 Sigma, value stream analysis, 5 Why’s analysis, Kaizen, brainstorming sessions, problem solving techniques, FMEA, 8D , Ishikawa diagrams.
- Knowledgeable in international quality standards. (ISO9001/14001/ TS16949), process assessments and audits.
- Ability to manage complex relationships between various professional disciplines and organizational levels.
- Strong leadership: excellent stakeholder management and teamleader skills, able to collaborate across all levels of the organization with an open attitude.
- Excellent ability to manage change with the ability to overcome resistance and persist in achieving mission.
- Strong communication skills, good listener, with the ability to present information verbally and in written format.
- Self-propelling - learning & (Quality) improvement mindset and change management.
- Hands-on mentality to get the job done.
- Drive for continuous improvement; making use of the lessons learned.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude.
- Good knowledge of English.
Context of the position
The Opto-Mechanics department is responsible for providing mechanical design solutions in the optical path of the ASML Litho tools. The quality manager Opto-Mechanics reports to the department manager Opto-Mechanics and will be part of the department staff. He is a coach/facilitator for the groupleaders with regard to quality matters and will collaborate with the Quality managers of other clusters.
The recruiter is Stephan Sonnemans
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: >10 Senior
Available since: 3/14/2018
Functional area: Quality, Research & Development
Background: Mechanics, Mechatronics, Optics