General Electric Lead Mechanical Component Engineer in Tianjin, China
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Lead Engineer demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
• He supports designers in their day to day job by commenting the proposed solutions
• He participates to Design Reviews when necessary to ensure the constructability.
• He prepares all documents necessary for erection.
• He shares the following Quality responsibilities:
• Elaboration of QWP, together with the methods chosen for construction
• Support to NC resolution: When NC occurs, support the solution definition, and if required, participate to 8D
• FOE: organize the feedback collection from Site personnel
• Participate to topics managed by HEU Site Methods team by supporting matters related to his personal strengths
Mandatory: Mechanical or electrical Degree
Fluent in English + another European language
Office software (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote)
Autocad or another CAD software
Knowledge / Experience
Mandatory: Solid technical background
General knowledge in mechanical design
Optional: Experience in welding and/or machining and/or NDT and/or winding
Problem solving skills
Knowledge of GE’s products
Behavioural and Technical Skills / Competencies
An experience linked to Site Erection, either on site or within technical support function to site would be appreciated.
Availability - Reactivity
To be able to analyse situations and propose adapted solutions within short notice / short time.
To have a good adaptation to other cultures and be able to cope with them.
Aptitude to listen and understand requests
Easy contact: communication skills
Locations: China; TianJin; Tianjin