Pep Boys Customer Service Advisor in Sanford, Florida
Auto Plus is a major U.S.-based distributor of automotive aftermarket parts. Since 1921, Pep Boys has been one of the nation's leading automotive aftermarket chains with over 7,500 service bays in over 800 locations in 35 states and Puerto Rico. Together, the united organization, Auto Plus Pep Boys, has over 21,000 associates in more than 20 distribution centers and over 1,000 corporate locations. In addition, the company supports more than 530 independently-owned stores and over 2,400 independently-owned service centers across the nation. Auto Plus Pep Boys is owned by Icahn Enterprises L.P. ("Icahn Enterprises"; NASDAQ: IEP).
Contribute to the growth of the organization across all lines of business through customer engagement, expert product and service knowledge, follow-up, and follow through at the service desk, on the sales floor, and at the register.
Duties & Responsibilities
- First point of contact for customers on the phone and in the store. Responsible for engaging customers, scheduling appointments, building trust, understanding needs, communicating processes and timelines, and selling parts and service that make the customer's car run at peak efficiency; adheres to Company Customer Care standards to meet customer expectations.
- Responsible for the organization and productivity of the service business through work order and register transactions, thorough vehicle inspections, and service and replacement part knowledge.
- Under the direction of Management, assists in various aspects of customer care, work order and register assistance, facility maintenance, and Outside Purchase (OP) ordering.
- Follow all policies and procedures related to cash, credit, check, refund and return policies. Works with the management team to react to customer service issues, customer complaints, and/or business opportunities.
- Conduct and participate in routine express automotive services, including tire mounting, balancing, rotations, and repair; oil changes, fluid top-offs, lubrications, filter and bulb replacement; battery installation, starting and charging system testing; cosmetic car services, and thorough vehicle inspection.
- Primary driving force behind the implementation and constant execution of safety procedures, ensuring wheel torque and oil/fluid services are performed per standard operating procedure directives.
- Partner with Management to produce a safe and health work environment that complies with all local, state, and federal laws, as well as with company policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicate with all associates, management, and customers; interprets and retains information and applies knowledge appropriately.
- In designated locations, may be a secondary key carrier responsible for basic and detailed opening and closing responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid Driver's License.
- One year of related experience in the automotive service environment.
- Must have basic knowledge and understanding of mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions. Ability to apply mathematical formulas to calculate commissions and discounts.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work Days, Nights, Weekends, Holidays.
Physical Demands/Work Environment**
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting.
- Climb up and down ladders to retrieve and stock merchandise.
- Communicate effectively in person, by telephone, or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Presents information to small and large groups.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Safely operates a motor vehicle.
Reporting: Store Manager of Service
Potential Schedule: Days, Nights, Weekend, Holidays
Type of Store: Service
Job Status: Full-time
Location Number: 01521
Location Name: PBY FL St. Josephs-01521