Cisco Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer in San Jose, California
Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: San Jose, California, US
Area of Interest Engineer - Hardware
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Networking
Job Id 1231208
Conceptualize Design and Develop Next Generation mechanical enclosures for electronic systems. Cisco's Mechanical Team continues to develop leading edge Electronic Packaging Solutions and your work will impact and shape the development of designs that will transform the network. Do you like challenging designs? Here you have the opportunity to use your strong background in mechanical and/or thermal knowledge to develop and innovate cutting edge EMS design. You will have an opportunity to collaborate across Cisco designing products that will change the network and make an impact on the evolution of the Service Provider product. Role & Responsibilities as a Sr. engineer in the organization are:
· Minimum Qualifications BSME in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent and 8+ yrs of EMS design experiences.
· Broad knowledge in design constraints associated with sheet metal, plastic, PCB layout and die cast design.
· Must have PTC's Creo based design tools.
· Conceptualize and develop mechanical enclosure for electronic products.
· Architect, design and deliver system mechanical design after specification of product requirements.
· Demonstrate a high degree of originality and innovation in defining product and project level architecture.
· Significantly influences the design of interfaces between products to ensure interoperability.
· Resolve complex design issues at system level
· Lead project team on the build of a major development product (board /enclosure /chassis) coordinating with other departments, and participating in scheduling (from conception to testing).
· Proficiency with a CFD and structural analysis s/w tool is a plus
· Designs and develops advanced thermal/ structural solution to meet the critical performance requirements.
· Drives resolution of issues with CAD and manufacturing engineers in developing new designs.
· Develop schedule and manage medium to large size tasks Proficient in geometric tolerances, and familiar with DFx (DFA/DFM etc.).
· Interfaces cross-functionally and leads team collaboration extending beyond work group.
· Excellent verbal skills and professional presentations.
· Provide vendor with improved DFM / DFA recommendations.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.