TAW Mechanical Engineer III in Riverview, Florida
- Report to Engineering Manager. Projects will be assigned based on skill sets, work load and schedule. Project complexity and duration vary widely. There is a continuous flow of projects types throughout the year and most engineers typically are working on several simultaneously.
- Work as part of a multi-discipline team in the conceptual design, manufacture, testing and start-up of equipment, buildings, enclosures and complex assemblies for commercial, industrial and military purposes.
- Projects involve reviewing customer statement of work, creation of manufacturing drawings, procurement of materials and support of manufacture, testing, installation and commissioning. Some site surveying required at industrial locations.
- Coordination with electrical engineers for projects with power and controls.
- Prepare complete and accurate bills of material related to project for release to purchasing.
- Coordinate project activities to ensure that deliverables meet the schedule.
- Work closely with manufacturing personnel to support their activities.
- Ensure that finished product meets with customer requirements and quality.
Other duties as assigned. Required Skills
BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering and a minimum of (7) years’ (post degree) experience as a Mechanical Engineer, preferably in a highly customized manufacturing environment. PE license an advantage.
- Extensive experience of 3D Modelling using SolidWorks and conversion to manufacturing drawings for parts and assemblies.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask, as several projects will be in process simultaneously with different levels of completion.
- Knowledge of the following:
- Manufacturing parts from sheet metals such as galavanneal, stainless steel, aluminum
- Structural and sheet metal welding, with ability to create and read weldment drawings
- Diesel engines, exhaust systems, alternators, pumps, fuel tanks
- Prefabricated building design, air-conditioning, high wind loading, lifting
- Communication with other groups - Production, Purchasing, Scheduling, Quality, Suppliers
- Ability to build relationships and mentor junior engineers
- Experience with Safety, Quality, Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, ISO
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
Tracking Code: 954-773
Job Location: Riverview, Florida, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular