Murphy's Automotive Solutions Automotive Technician in Oswego, New York
NY1244360 Immediate opening for an Auto Service Technician in Oswego, NY
Murphy's Automotive Solutions is a locally owned NAPA Autocare Center in their fourth year of operation with air conditioned shop area, seeking an Auto Service Technician.
Technician Job Description
- Automotive mechanical diagnosis, problem-solving and repair experience preferred but willing to hire new graduate from Automotive Tech Schooling.
- ASE certifications are preferred.
- A high level of motivation, energy and strong customer service skills.
- Adequately explain technical diagnosis and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals which may include employees and customers on an as-required basis.
- Continuously learns new technical information and techniques in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing automotive technology.
- Communicating directly with the service manager regularly, so that customers can be informed if any additional service is needed.
- Providing an estimate of time needed for additional repairs
- Maintains an organized, neat and safe bay.
- Completely filling out courtesy checks to make appropriate recommendations to ensure safety and reliability to customers vehicles and documenting the work performed.
- Technician should able to conduct Diagnosing, maintaining, and repairing vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical, steering, suspension, braking, air conditioning,
- Replacing all parts of a vehicle, including; wheels, axles, frames, defective ball joint suspensions and brake shoes; installing and repairing air conditioners and servicing components such as compressors, condensers, and controls.
- Be familiar with a growing number of electronic systems, such as braking, transmission, and steering systems-controlled primarily by computers and electronic components.
- Have a strong and growing knowledge of engine management, emission, fuel, electrical, and ignition systems to diagnose issues that prevent engines from performing efficiently.
Need clean driver's license.
Pay Depends on Experience
Hours 7am - 5pm Monday - Friday, some Saturdays.
TO APPLY: Email resume to Tim Murphy at tmurphy@murphysautomotive