Chesapeake Energy Corporation Welder III (Vessel) in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Our core values — integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership — are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of Chesapeake’s performance among our E&P competitors.
Welders are responsible for fitting and welding work on compression and production equipment.The Welder III is a fully competent Welder who requires minimal supervision. Must be able to mentor lower level Welders.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Read and understand blueprints.
- Work with SMAW, GMAW, SCAW, and SAW welding processes.
- Interpret customers specifications and applicable industry codes and standards.
- Layout structural and piping components using hand tools.
- Position fixtures, jigs, pin wheels, rolls, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Specific Skills
- Provide information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Demonstrate computer knowledge through effective use of a personal computer including Microsoft Office applications. Able to learn company specific applications.
- Employees must be willing to take direction from supervisors and senior team members understanding that they may not be working independently until job skills are learned.
- Must be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment focusing on teamwork and unity.
- Must be responsible, dependable, and trustworthy due to typical independent working conditions.
- Must maintain composure, avoid aggressive behavior (even in very difficult situations), and exhibit cooperative skills with others on the job
- Must be open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Minimum: High school diploma or GED
- Minimum: 5 - 8 years related work experience
Chesapeake Energy takes necessary action to ensure that all applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Oklahoma is home to Chesapeake’s corporate headquarters and remains an important part of our national energy portfolio. We are one of the largest leaseholders and active drillers in the state and a catalyst for economic development — not only in Oklahoma City but also a large portion of West and Northwest Oklahoma in the Mississippi Lime and Granite Wash plays, where we support thousands of direct, indirect and community-based jobs in Oklahoma. We continue to look for new opportunities to tap Oklahoma’s energy future through improving technology and enhanced recovery techniques.