Washington State DSHS Painter in Medical Lake, Washington
Join our maintenance team working at DSHS facilities in Medical Lake, Washington as a temporary Painter. DSHS care facilities consist of hospital buildings and residences.
Why work at Lakeland Village and Eastern State Hospital?
- You'll have a fixed full-time schedule with Friday, Saturday and Sunday off
- No routine traveling for painting work
- A "foot in the door" to State employment; work is anticipated to last for 12 months
How much do you currently pay out of pocket for benefits? Washington State offers one of the most competitive benefits packages in the nation. We also offer a great selection of health and retirement plans, paid leave, training, and compensation benefits. Click the Benefits tab for more information.
Some of what you'll do:
- Prepare surfaces by cleaning, sandblasting, patching and sanding
- Prime and paint interior and exterior surfaces using applicable tools
- Finish furniture using spray booth
- Stripe parking lots and crosswalks
- Replace and glaze glass
We're looking for someone with: Journey level standing as a painter as attested by:
- Completion of a recognized apprenticeship as a painter
- Or, full journey status as a painter in a painter's union
- Or, four years' experience in State service as a full-time helper to a journey-level painter.
- Knowledge of standard practices, safety methods, materials, tools, and equipment of the painting trade.
- Understanding the characteristics of specific paints, enamels, and solvents.
- Ability to blend colors and use tools such as spray guns, brushes, rollers
- Ability to estimate materials and time needed to complete jobs.
- Ability to use ladders, scaffoldings, and basic computer skills.
If you have questions regarding the application process contact Recruiter, Jenny Bastrom or call 360-725-5854. Supplemental Information
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384. 05881
Salary: $3,436.00 - $3,883.00 Monthly
Location: Spokane County - Medical Lake, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Non-Permanent
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2018-05881 YC05
Closing: 6/20/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact