Washington State DSHS Maintenance Mechanic in Medical Lake, Washington
We are looking for a Maintenance Mechanic to work in Medical Lake, Washington.
You will perform general troubleshooting on plumbing, electrical, building and mechanical issues, and repair all types of commercial kitchen equipment, residential appliances, and medical equipment used at Eastern State Hospital and Lakeland Village.
Some of what you will do
- Install, maintain, and repair washers, dryers, hospital beds, kitchen and laundry equipment
- Perform general maintenance needs at the facilities
- Diagnose and troubleshoot electrical control circuits, temperature and pressure controls, and all related kitchen equipment components using manuals, blueprints, tools, and testers
- Inspect steam systems, including pipe fittings and plumbing
- Conduct afternoon inspections of lift stations and wells
- Answer general office and maintenance helpline calls from Eastern State Hospital and Lakeland Village
Opportunity available is on-call, filling in as needed.
What we are looking for
- A high school graduate or GED
- Two years of general work experience in building and equipment maintenance, construction or repair work.
- Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator's license.
Questions? Contact Patti.Palmer@dshs.wa.gov or at 509-454-6917 and reference 06435 Supplemental Information
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle
Washington State Department of Social and Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Salary: $20.14 - $22.76 Hourly
Location: Spokane County - Medical Lake, WA
Job Type: On-Call
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2018-06435
Closing: 7/22/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact