Energizer Holdings, Inc. Sr. Mechanical/Process Engineer in Marietta, Ohio
This is Energizer
We're leading the charge as the new Energizer, connecting our brands, our people and the products we offer the world. Together, we're creating a game plan for the future – one that defines where and how we'll play, and what it takes to win.
Our colleagues hail from all backgrounds, nationalities and walks of life, but our shared values and passion for winning make us one team. Whatever your specialty, you'll find that excelling at Energizer Holdings provides opportunities to grow in ways you never expected.
In accordance with sound engineering principles, policies and controls, demonstrates technical leadership while conducting specialized engineering assignments, which lead to new or improved battery systems, constructions, materials or manufacturing processes having marketable cost/performance advantages. Resolves engineering problems involved with equipment development or manufacturing.In accordance with sound engineering principles, policies and controls, demonstrates technical leadership while conducting specialized engineering assignments, which lead to new or improved battery systems, constructions, materials or manufacturing processes having marketable cost/performance advantages. Resolves engineering problems involved with equipment development or manufacturing.
- Design parts, tools, fixtures, equipment and processing equipment which lead to new or improved battery systems, constructions, materials or processes having marketable cost/performance advantages
• May specialize in, but not be limited to a specific engineering field (electrical, design, mechanical) and perform such specialized engineering as designing parts, tools, fixtures, assembling equipment and process systems; electrical controls.
• Participates in original design concepts, materials, specifications, cost estimates, requisition of equipment and parts, work orders, and expedites construction to a timely completion within budgeted amounts.
• Provide sound engineering advice on existing equipment designs or existing procedures.
• Generates and evaluates new engineering or technical information which contributes to the technical base of assigned projects.
• Provides regular written documentation and oral presentations of progress on engineering assignments. Prepares reports and recommendations to supervisors. Maintains pertinent records, drawings, and files. Prepares Technology Transfer documentation. Accountable for developing and conducting Equipment Validation Plans.
• Includes process improvement, equipment design, equipment procurement, equipment prove-in, process optimization, cost reduction efforts, financial analyses, as well as utilizing teamwork and other engineering system tools.
• Participate in LEAN activities for the Value Stream or Equipment Engineering in support of the waste reduction and continuous improvement effort.
• Participates in establishing patents related to the programs through experimental work and discussions.
- Direction Setting
• Coordinate and guide engineering, financial, and technical facets of analyzing and solving equipment, process, and system problems. Set the direction for these areas in the future.
- Learning and Receiving Training
• Keeps abreast of new developments in technology and engineering specialty areas through professional contacts, technical papers, journals, seminars, etc., and recommends adoption of new innovations when applications are feasible.
- Providing Mentoring and Training
• Capable of training and guiding (mentoring) other technical associates.
- Participates in safety programs via regular assignments while complying with OSHA and EBC standards, provides input into performance evaluations of related subordinates, collaborates with supervisor, co-workers, and teams to meet departmental and company objectives.
Required Skills and Experience
Education: 4-year engineering degree required.
Experience (Years/Type): Recommended minimum of four years' experience progressing through the Engineer level in a production facility and/or Westlake. Must possess effective communication skills, both written and oral, and have demonstrated good supervisory skills. The Senior Engineer level is distinguished from the Engineer by a significantly increased capacity to provide technical direction setting and in demonstrated ability to handle many tasks simultaneously. The level of technical judgment and self-initiating technical work characterize this position above Engineer.
Working Relationships & Environment
Works with other department personnel as well as individuals and teams in other groups, including Maintenance, Production, Purchasing, Quality, Technology, QAD, and Marketing. Interfaces with service groups at Westlake. Established working relationships with vendors and contractors. Works under general supervision clearly understanding the boundaries and when to seek guidance. Provides competent supervision and direction to others in a synergistic manner to optimize results.
An Offer to Grow On
Energizer offers a competitive compensation package which includes full medical and retirement savings coverage, paid vacation and holidays. Energizer is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Follow our Linked In company page to see where we're going : www.linkedin.com/company-beta/163631