J-W Energy Company Pipe Fitter Helper in Longview, Texas
TitlePipe Fitter Helper
DescriptionJ-W Power Company, an industry leader for over 50 years, provides leasing, sales, parts and service of natural gas compression equipment, in both standard and custom packages. Our greatest asset is our culture, our people and the significant role each employee plays in the success of the organization. Experience the opportunity to grow with the largest privately-owned compression fleet organization in the United States.
To help the pipe fitter set coolers, bottles, run pipe, and build and install bracing as per instructions on the drawings provided by engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:may include any or all of the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Must be able to read a tape measure, build equipment using drawings, and learn to calculate pipe lengths and angles.
• Must have some welding skill for tacking pipe and welding braces.
• Must be able to work under leadership of a pipe fitter and be willing to be trained.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other Skills, Abilities or preferred Qualifications:
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Current Forklift license.
• Current Driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.