CB&I Shop Pipe Welder in Lake Charles, Louisiana
Title: Shop Pipe Welder
Location: United States-Louisiana-Lake Charles
CB&I is searching for a Shop Pipe Welder at its Lake Charles, LA location. The Shop Pipe Welder position is capable of certifying on multi-process pipe while being proficient in general welding processes. This position is a project-based position.
- Manually guides electrode or gun along weld line, maintaining length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead, as judged from color of metal, sound of weld, and size of molten puddle
- Obtains specified electrode and inserts electrode into portable holder or threads consumable electrode wire through portable welding gun
- Connects cables from welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, slope, and pulse, as specified by Welding Engineer
- Starts power supply to produce electric current
- Strikes arc which generates heat to make and deposit metal from electrode to work piece and join edges of work piece
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications
- Apply filler rod to supply weld metal
- Clean or degrease weld joint or work piece, using wire brush, portable grinder, or chemical bath
- Prepare broken parts for welding by grooving or scarfing surfaces
- Chip off excess weld, slag, and spatter, using hand scraper or power chipper
- Preheat work piece, using hand torch or heating furnace
- Position and clamp work pieces together or assemble them in jig or fixture.
- Tack assemblies together
- Cut metal plates or structural shapes.
- Observing and comply with all safety and project rules, including wearing required personal safety equipment
- Report unsafe conditions or practices
- Make safety suggestions
- Serve on the safety committee if requested
- Cooperate during investigation of any accidents that occur
- Take an active part and participating in safety meetings, pre-job safety briefings, task hazard analyses and Job Safety Analyses.
- High school diploma or its equivalent and previous years of related experience
- Ability to weld in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions
- Ability to pass employer performance tests or standard tests to meet certification
NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F=Frequently (34-66%), C=Constantly (67-100%)
CB&I (NYSE:CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With more than 125 years of experience, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality.
Job Field: Shop Welder
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Direct
Job Posting: Apr 16, 2018, 3:09:44 PM
Requisition ID: 1802743
CB&I is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.