Oceaneering Engineer (Mechanical) in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Mechanical Engineer will provide operations engineering, design, and analysis capabilities to support the subsea intervention systems and auxiliary equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Engineer will be assigned to the service and rental Intervention Services group as an operational engineer. Engineer will be teamed up with the existing operational engineering team to provide project execution and maintenance support for existing Intervention Services equipment. Engineer must be willing to travel offshore, both domestically and internationally.
- Perform engineering duties necessary to prepare systems and personnel for offshore campaigns. These may include:
- Design modifications to existing equipment
- Design of enabling equipment, such as test fixtures, handling aids, etc.
- Participating in operational risk assessments
- Preparing scopes of supply
- Providing cost and labor estimates for proposals
- Performing project-specific analyses and calculations
- Preparing project-specific procedures
- Provide support during the manufacturing, testing, and assembly phases of a project
- Provide support to offshore campaigns, from both the office and offshore
- Interface with customers, project managers, and technicians
- Provide engineering status and progress reports
- Support project engineers during all phases of project
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Ocean Engineering or equivalent degree
- 3 + years of engineering experience
- Must be willing and able to travel offshore or overseas as required
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Downhole Wireline Operations
- Experience with Downhole General Operations
- Experience with AutoCAD, Solidworks, or other CAD packages
- Experience with electro-hydraulic control systems
- Experience performing FEA, structural calculations, global riser analysis and hydraulic analysis
- Knowledge of subsea intervention systems
- Knowledge of riserless well intervention
- Knowledge of operations in the subsea industry
- Knowledge of wireline systems
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Engineer (Mechanical)
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 13221
Full/Part Time: Full-Time