McDermott Painter General Foreman in Hackberry, Louisiana
Title: Painter General Foreman
Location: United States-Louisiana-Hackberry
Leads crew of craftspeople, helpers or laborers in performing their craft functions.
- Coordinates assigned work with work of different crafts, departments or other contractors.
- Maintains liaison with engineering, estimating, planning and scheduling to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications, cost and schedule.
- Assists in resolving construction problems (lack of productivity, work interfaces etc.) as required.
- Assists in development of look ahead scheduling and progress reporting.
- Supervises and evaluates foreman to insure compliance with project directives.
- Insure foreman and crew perform work in compliance with drawings, specifications and procedures.
- Requisition manpower from the Craft Personnel & Training Department.
- Assist the Craft Personnel and Training Department with training or craft personnel.
- Monitor craft compliance with project safety process requirements, document and ensure corrective measures are implemented.
- Maintain liaison with other departments (i.e.: Material Controls, Purchasing, QC and Engineering) to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections etc. support craft activities and project schedule.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Minimum 2 yrs industrial experience – Able to perform most journey tasks with close supervision/direction and support.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Has knowledge of application techniques.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Apply shop mathematics to solve problems.
- Plan work and select proper tools.
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects.
- Visualize objects in three dimensions from plans and drawings.
- Make decisions based on measurable criteria.
- Work at heights without fear.
NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F=Frequently (34-66%), C=Constantly (67-100%)
C ompany Overview:
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With more than 125 years of experience, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality.
Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industry’s most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world.
Job Field: Painter/Blaster
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Direct
Travel Required: No
Job Posting: May 17, 2018, 7:17:11 AM
Requisition ID: 1803017
McDermott is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.