CB&I Instrument Fitter Top Helper in Hackberry, Louisiana
Title: Instrument Fitter Top Helper
Location: United States-Louisiana-Hackberry
Assists skilled craftsperson in the performance of their duties by performing supportive type chores as directed by the craftsperson.
- Assists the journey instrument fitter on all work activities.
- Can and often performs journey tasks, contingent on the level of experience and directions from the journey instrument fitter.
- Helpers are required to assist in staging materials and necessary tools to execute each work activity, and will assist in the layout and measuring of materials for installation.
- May be required to cut and install instrument air tubing as directed.
- May be required to measure, cut, thread and install instrument air piping.
- Often is required to perform runner/expeditor functions within the crew or for the craftsperson as well as running down the Foreman or GF to answer questions or provide additional information.
- Is responsible for retrieving all necessary tools from the tool room on a daily basis to support the day’s specific activity.
- 12-18 months of documented field experience in chosen craft discipline.
- Able to perform some support tasks with close supervision/direction and support.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret instructions and documentation.
- The degree of job responsibilities and requirements may vary depending on months of experience.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Make decisions based on measurable criteria.
- Apply shop mathematics to solve problems
- Plan work and select proper tools.
- Visualize objects in three dimensions from plans and drawings.
- Work at heights without fear.
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects.
NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F=Frequently (34-66%), C=Constantly (67-100%)
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With over 125 years of experience and the expertise of more than 40,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality.
Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industry’s most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world.
Job Field: Instrument Fitter
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Direct
Travel Required: No
Job Posting: Apr 16, 2018, 1:05:50 PM
Requisition ID: 1802684
CB&I is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.