City of Colorado Springs Maintenance Technician II in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description / Position Overview
The hiring salary for this position is between $3,152 and $3,784 per month.
Learn about the City of Colorado Springs as an employer and what our beautiful city has to offer as a place to live and work by clicking on the following links:http://www.choosecoloradosprings.com/
This information may change annually.
Maintenance Technician II
As a Maintenance Technician II, you will perform semi-skilled tasks related to the maintenance of medians and rights-of-way.
Essential Job Functions - the basic job duties an employee must be able to perform:
- Monitor the work of others, including contractors; inspect completed work
- Maintain medians and rights-of-way to include mowing, trimming, trash pickup, snow removal, and applying herbicides and fertilizers
- Ensure compliance with City codes and Colorado DOT (Department of Transportation) and Colorado Department of Agriculture regulations
- Assist Forestry Technicians during storm responses and when requested by supervisor
- Respond to tree-related emergencies; remove dead and hazardous trees in a grounds person capacity
- Maintain detailed records
**We are looking for candidates who demonstrate:
- Work zone safety regulations as required by City Traffic Engineering and Colorado DOT
- Maintenance methods and techniques used in right-of-way management
- Equipment, materials, and chemicals used in right-of-way maintenance
- Herbaceous vegetation, noxious weeds, and common local tree species
- Tree identification and forestry operations
Basic computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office Ability to:
Work independently, with minimal supervision, in rights-of-way and medians
- Safely and effectively operate tools, motorized equipment, and vehicles
- Understand, interpret, and explain pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Respond to public inquiries in a courteous manner; provide information within area of assignment
- Communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing
Establish and maintain effective working relationships Successful candidate will have:
Formal or informal education or training which ensures the ability to read and write at a level necessary for successful job performance
- Three years of full-time experience related to grounds maintenance
- Possess a valid, non-probationary Colorado driver's license not subject to restriction related to alcohol and/or drug violations or pending charges
- Possess, or obtain within one year of hire, a a valid, non-probationary Colorado Class B CDL (Commercial Driver's License) not subject to restriction related to alcohol and/or drug violations or pending charges
Pass a post-offer physical which results in the issuance of a medical certificate for Colorado CDL purposes Ideal candidates will also have:
Specialized training related to this position
- Experience leading the work of others
- Colorado Department of Agriculture Pesticide Applicator License Additional Information
Physical Demands:The ability to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods; lift and carry 50 pounds occasionally and 25 pounds frequently; pull, reach, bend, climb, and kneel; use fingers, both hands, and both legs; distinguish colors; and safely operate assigned vehicles and equipment is also required.
Environmental Conditions Primary Work Environment - Field/shop environment around machinery and moving vehicles Extreme Temperature - Several times per month Wetness and Humidity - Seasonally Respiratory Hazards - Several times per month (dirt, dust, gases/fumes, odors) Noise and Vibrations - Several times per week Physical Hazards - Several times per month (toxic chemicals) Mechanical and/or Electrical Hazards - Frequently (electrical currents) Exposure to Communicable Diseases - Rarely
This position requires that you are available for emergency callout.
This job announcement is not intended to include a complete listing of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with the position.
Please visit https://coloradosprings.gov and click on 'Apply for a City Career' > 'City Career Postings – Apply Now' button to complete an online application. All job applicants will need to create a new login and online application (unless you already have a NEOGOV/governmentjobs.com user ID and password).
Completing your application in full, including the entire work experience section, will assist Human Resources (HR) in the applicant screening process. Your application may not be considered if all of the information requested for each employer you list is not provided.
Our NEOGOV application system does not allow you to edit your application after it has been submitted for a position. If you want to make changes, you may submit another application prior to the position's closing date and time listed in the job posting. HR will review the last application you submit for a position.
To view the City's job classifications, including physical demands and descriptions, go to https://www.coloradosprings.gov/human-resources/page/job-classifications-descriptions.
To view the status of your application, go to http://agency.governmentjobs.com/cosprings/default.cfm.
To be notified of future career opportunities, go to http://coloradosprings.gov/jic
If hired, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary: $3,152.00 - $4,415.00 Monthly
Location: Recreation and Cultural Services - City of Colorado Springs, CO
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Parks, Rec & Cultural Svc
Job Number: 12912
Closing: 6/27/2018 4:00 PM Mountain
Agency: City of Colorado Springs
Address: 30 South Nevada Avenue, Suite 301 Colorado Springs, Colorado, 80903
Phone: 719-385-5171 719-385-5171