Honeywell Senior Engineer - Mechanical in Bangalore, India
Senior Engineer - Mechanical
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Mechanical Design Engineer (Sr. Engineer)
Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for end-to-product development activities, right from concept development, design, analysis and manufacturing drawings, testing of electromechanical products primarily Solenoid and flow regulating valves for Aerospace applications.
As part of MS&C mechanical component COE team, the Sr. Engineer will be involved in development programs, responsible for the mechanical design including BOM, developing concepts & 3D models, stack-up analysis, creating drawings with GD&T, layouts, and work withcross functionalteam such as manufacturing, ISC, aerodynamics, structural engineers, testing and project engineering/management.
- Master’s/ Bachelor's in Mechanical/Aerospace engineering
- 2-5 years of industry experience on Product design (Full life cycle development) of Electromagnetic Valves
- Preference for candidates from Aerospace industry
Technical knowledge Essential
- Hands ondesign, analysis and development/NPD experience on Electromechanical components from concept stage to detailed design including hardware build and test.
- Strong demonstrated skills in mechanical engineering and design
- Good knowledgeonElectromechanical valves specifically Solenoid
- Ability to evaluate product specifications and develop concepts & engineering designs with minimal support from senior team members/product experts
- Independently able to work on 3D (part and assembly) models, detail drawings, expertise onG D& T, tolerance stack-up analysis.
- Having knowledge andexperiencedin generating 3D models and 2D drawings using Siemens NX or other CAD tools. Working level knowledge on Teamcenter.
- Conversant with drafting standards especially ASME 14.5M. Ability to create drawings and interpret drawings
- Good knowledge and experience in designing springs, shaft, bearing etc and ability to perform hand calculations. Good atproblem solvingskills.
- Good knowledgeonAerospace materials and standards
- Familiar with DFx principles (like Manufacturing, Assembly, Cost...etc).
Technical knowledge Desirable
- Knowledgeonelectrical concepts and coil design
- Understanding of Aerospace mechanical components – Valves and Actuators
- Familiar with Aerospace standard such as MIL, DO160 for mechanical as well as electrical parts
- Knowledgeonsix sigma tools will be an added advantage
- Good teaming skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good at design presentation skills
- Flexible and adaptable to program requirements
- Multi-tasking with affinity to take-up complete responsibilities
Ability to bring differentiation, innovative concepts, systematic thought process and continuous improvement
25 Good knowledge on Electromechanical valves specifically Solenoid
25 Independently able to work on 3D (part and assembly) models
25 Having knowledge and experienced in generating 3D models and 2D drawings using Siemens NX
25 Hands on design, analysis and development/NPD experience on Electromechanical components
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- Industrial design talent
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Anopen, honest and team oriented personality
- Eagerness to get involved in hands-on work
- Some experience developing products or sustaining existing products
- Experience in a highly regulated and safety critical domain
- Mechanical Engineering degree
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD34305
- Category: Engineering
- Location: HW Camp II,Bldgs 9A&9B,Plot C2,RMZ Ecoworld,Varturhobli, Sarjapur Marathahalli Outer Ring Road, Bangalore, KA 560103 IND
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.