Ricoh Americas Corporation Field Service Technician - HIgh End Print Production Systems (Electro-mechanical and Break Fix)* in Austin, Texas
The Production Systems Service Tech services and repairs a variety of production print systems at customer locations, usually within a specific geographic area. May be viewed as specialist on certain products. Industry Certs are required.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Specializes in the servicing and repair of a core set of highly complex production products.
- Manages territory, inventory and customer relationships.
- Achieves expected productivity levels associated with assigned workload and level of experience.
- Actively drives revenue generating opportunities through supply leads, contract sales, network support contract leads, equipment and print assessment leads.
- Identify revenue/customer service opportunities above and beyond standard contract support i.e. Back file conversion, toner stores, etc
- Expected to adhere to required schedule that may include shift work, overtime, stand-by, and/or on call hours.
- Able to work under minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates Technical Expertise
- Performs a full range of servicing and repair service procedures including diagnostics, installation, removal and retrofits on a core set of highly complex production products.
- Demonstrates required digital competencies associated with assigned products and level assignment.
- Performs troubleshooting and repairs or replaces equipment components as necessary on B&W, color and/or continuous feed devices.
- Completes technical training on new equipment as assigned.
- Provides Advanced Training
- Attends/assists technical seminars as required.
- Serves as a role model and exhibits professional appearance and behavior at all times, under the most difficult situations.
- A positive influence/champion within the team/organization.
- Proactively seeks ways to improve operational performance.
- Manages Territory effectively.
- Assists with the responsibilities of the Production Service Manager as required.
- Effectively executes all required territory management and call handling procedures.
- Works closely with sales partners to maximize equipment leads and upgrade opportunities.
- Maintains and manages own parts inventory with a high degree of accuracy.
- Adheres to territory back-up plans.
- Completes all required administrative tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
- Effectively executes all required territory management and call handling procedures, using current field call management requirements.
- Customer Service
- Effectively handles difficult customer situations and/or escalates as necessary.
- Provides technical assistance to less experienced technicians.
- Acts as a communication link on unresolved technical problems/issues and pro-actively communicates with support and management as required.
- Interacts with external customers for the purpose of determining service needs on equipment and ensuring overall high level of customer satisfaction with the service performed.
- Responsible for maintaining a "car stock" and/or customer on-site inventory.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- Typically requires:
- Requires high level technical skills typically gained through completion of technical school and 3+ years of related experience including a minimum of 2 years as a Technology Service I, Associate Tech or equivalent experience.
- Requires a valid state driver's license and minimum level of auto insurance coverage per Ricoh policy for positions entailing extensive use of personal car while on company business.
- Requires the ability to effectively interface via regular written and verbal communications with vendors of hardware and software to ensure required technology change development.
- Position requires requires 1 Industry Certification A+ or Net+ and sustained (at least 2 years) of meets or exceeds performance level. Requires Ricoh Basic Connectivity Class, within a year of being hired.
Ricoh is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer -- Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.